Question about Business Accounts

Jaitix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, this is my first time being in this community.

Anyways, I'll get straight to it - I sell virtual items right now and am wondering if I should upgrade my personal account to a business. I don't have an official business registered with anything but am wondering if I can still apply for a business account.

As well as this, can you still send Paypal Friends and Family on a business account? I still use my personal account for sending money to friends and am wondering if I should make a new account altogether for business or if I can upgrade my current account into a business account and have both happening at the same time?

Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ Jaitix,

Thank you very much for your query.

In order to assist you with your concern if you can still send money via friends/family from a business account. Please be guided that it is against PayPal's terms of service to use the friends/family funds transfer for goods and services. Any attempt to circumvent the terms of service may risk the account in getting limited or closed.  

Hope this is helpful.

Take care and stay safe.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ Jaitix,

Thank you very much for your query.

In order to assist you with your concern if you can still send money via friends/family from a business account. Please be guided that it is against PayPal's terms of service to use the friends/family funds transfer for goods and services. Any attempt to circumvent the terms of service may risk the account in getting limited or closed.  

Hope this is helpful.

Take care and stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Jaitix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Esid,

I'm aware that sending payments via Friends and Family for purchases isn't allowed, but that wasn't what I was eluding to. I guess what I am asking is if I can send these type of payments to my friends while having a business account and also using my account for business... or if I should stick with personal.

I think what I'll do is stick with personal because it seems to be the more legitimate way of doing everything I want, or I will open up a separate account for business and keep my personal transfers on my personal account.

Thanks so much

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.