Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Silvia1279
New Community Member
I ve encountered the same problem. I want to access my account and I can't due to the fact that I no longer have access to my old phone number. And to change that old number I have to he able to enter into my PayPal account and change it from the settings as everybody advises me. But I can't do that since they are requiring my old phone number for the access. How do I fix this crazy, nonsensical problem? Did any of you solve anything meanwhile? I guess not since no new answers are posted here. I am trying to recover my account for 2-3 years now..I guess I have to give it up. If PayPal is getting smarter, please give me a call!
Login to Me Too

fernandotrailme
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here 😞

Login to Me Too

Lukas357
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there! 

So I was unable to log in, then I clicked here at forum at Me Too which asked me to log in. This time didnt ask for verification. So I went to my profile here at forum and changed my phone number!! Easier than I thought! 

Pranam

Login to Me Too

cmbefott
Contributor
Contributor

hi, how do I change the phone number if I can't log into my account? It seems like catch22 situation....  cheers.

Login to Me Too

jusstt
Contributor
Contributor

The only way which worked for me, and it seems the only one is for you to reach customer service by phone. It was a struggle to get the phone number as you need to call your location's help desk. Try reaching them on Facebook by messenger. And you should get all info quite fast. good luck.

Login to Me Too

Horvat

So I tried to log in to my paypal account says that authentication is required. But I don’t have access to the number that I used before and therefore can’t login to my account as it only show to options to authenticate myself; by receiving a sms or getting a call. I searched around the community and a lot of people have the same problem but none of them got answered. Please help

Login to Me Too

timhart79
New Community Member
I have the same problem. Can PayPal confirm how this can be resolved? Thanks Tim
Login to Me Too

OW10
Anything?
Login to Me Too

mahula11

This is the best answer, work for me!

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Razoldazel1
Contributor
Contributor
What did they ask u ? Because it’s scaring me because I have a lot of money in there.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.