Proof of transliterated address

petkov_np
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I’m in a catch 22 situation regarding the proof of address PayPal requires from me. I live in a cyrillic country and neither my driver license nor any utility bill I can think of has my address transliterated in english on it. It’s all cyrillic. Of course, during registration, I entered my transliterated address, as many merchants have trouble even typing in cyrillic characters for shipping etc. So you see, I have no way of proving my address, even though it’s quite obvious that the documents I’ve tried to upload so far point to the same address, just written with cyrillic letters. An obvious workaround would be to temporarily change the address and verify it. Changing it back will require a new verification though and so on. I contacted customer support several times but all I hear from them is “addresses must match”. It’s rather annoying, in fact I already requested my account to be closed as I’m tired from this farce. Of course, my account can’t be closed while there is a problem with it. So here I am stuck with an account I can neither use nor close. I feel I can’t be the first person falling into this trap so maybe a solution exists. Any help is highly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.