Problems Closing Account

FFleury
Contributor
Contributor

I opened my account years ago and probably used it once. Then, on 2016 I moved to another country. Now I'm trying close my original account and create a new one in my new country, but for some reason I can't, and the system tells me to contact support. So I called the costumer support number and the person on the other side asked me to buy a goggle play card for 200 $ and give him the number. 

Can anyone help me in any way?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FFleury

Did you read the last paragraph in my first post?

You may have to give customer services to resolve your problem of closing it now.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FFleury

NEVER use the paypal number you googled to get, they are often scam numbers, the ONLY safe paypal number is when you click on help/ contact bottom of paypal pages > scroll down past the FAQ and click on 'call us'.

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FFleury
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the help. The thing about the number is I called the one the paypal website gives me when I clicked the "contact us" button at the bottom.
Login to Me Too

FFleury
Contributor
Contributor
Ok never mind. I just checked and somehow ended up getting a fake number instead of the real one and didn't notice. Anyways, how can I close this account and open a new one? I already moved to my new country and I don't know what problem is keeping me from closing my account.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FFleury

Did you read the last paragraph in my first post?

You may have to give customer services to resolve your problem of closing it now.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jerrygu
Contributor
Contributor

I called the googled number first too, and dude was all lies about hackers.  Wanted $100 google play,  Said he was an IT Professor, then WTH was he doing

taking calls?!! 

The real Pay Pal will have you on hold 40 minutes. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.