Problem with "It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name"

HumbleMan
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with many Paypal users when Paypal asks for mobile number to verify, put in MY number, and got "It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name. Please try a different number."

I have searched through the posts and still could not find good-enough answer for my problem, so I post it here once again. For those "helpers" who love to post obvious-but-unhelpful comments then cry out loud that you have spend significant effort to help ungrateful community, please save your time and mine by keep silent.

The number is MINE. Bought a prepaid Sim card from Verizon and got this number. My Verizon account has MY name with exact same billing address as on Paypal. Calling Verizon to verify and got confirmation that it's registered exactly under MY name, which is exactly the same as my NAME in Paypal account. So if you want to contribute some good-enough answer, at least tell me how can I verify why Paypal says MY number is not registered under my name.

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

AlexMayoun
Contributor
Contributor

I just opened my PayPal account. And some money has been transferred to me.
But now that I want to transfer money to another account, I ask for my phone number to verify identity, and I do not agree on everything I try.
What should I do?

It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name😩

Login to Me Too

jeff65340
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue with me man, I can bypass it by changing my password, but it goes right back to doing it either later in the day or the next day....I've spent hours on the phone with PayPal over it and nobody can help me, I've called AT&T to confirm it's all my info on the account and still nothing...I have funds in my account which I can't do anything with when it's doing this smh
Login to Me Too

weiwujiu59
Contributor
Contributor

exactly same problem. 

it's ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.