Problem with UBER

Jacob24Y
New Community Member
Hi. I wanted to add my PayPal account in UBER but UBER said :"Yours PayPal account is experiencing a technical issue ". Can you help me?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

LeBoos
New Community Member

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi LeBoos

Welcome to the community forum. 

Without seeing your account I wouldn't be able to give you specific advice on this. I can advise that you would need to have a confirmed card on your account to connected your PayPal account with Uber. 

If you do have a card I recommend contacting our customer service team who can help you. You can click contact at the bottom of the page to call or email and we are available on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter @AskPayPal . 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael

Login to Me Too

tigerbravo
Contributor
Contributor

Rachel i have a confirmed cc/dbc and i m receiving the message when i try to link my uber/lyft account to paypal, so now what would the problem be?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi tigerbravo,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

If you've already confirmed your card, can I just ask if  the country associated with your Uber account matches the country of your PayPal account? These details need to match for the linking process to be successful, you see.

Could you also check for me that the option to pay for Uber with PayPal is available in your country? http://ow.ly/UkcwH

I'd like to do my best to help you with this one,

Conor

Login to Me Too

thlai80
New Community Member

I hit the same problem and now fixed. Below are what I discovered:

1) Paypal account needs to be verified with an active credit card in case the amount charged is more than the balance in Paypal.

2) The Paypal account primary country has to be similar to Uber

3) Previously verified Paypal account with an expired or removed credit card does not work.

Knowing the above, the solution is simple. Add a credit card, verify it and make it active. Then relaunch Paypla and add the account. It should works then.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.