Problem with Account - Cannot Log In

LaiP
Contributor
Contributor

For 2 consecutive weeks now, my payment from my freelance company (which comes in weekly every Thursday for almost a year now), was put on HOLD for verification. The first time, it was released in less than 24 hours and I was so thankful with PayPal. The second time, not only was my payment put on HOLD but I also got locked out of my account.

The first prompts I was getting was to verify my account by taking a mobile snapshot of my government ID and uploading it for the system to verify if it was really me trying to log in. This happened twice. I used the same ID I have on file (in fact, the same photo) but in both times, PayPal was unable to verify me. Once they confirmed that they were unable to verify my ID, I could not log in to my account and there were no options for recovery.

So my workaround was to use the "Forgot my Password" link. They have plenty of recovery options to choose from. I used mobile because I felt that it was the most secure. So I was able to reset my password for the first time. I was logging in through my laptop in a cafe when I did my first password reset. Once I logged in, guess what? I saw that my Payment for that day came in (just in time) and that it was pending. Good job, PayPal.

I didn't worry too much as per my first experience, they are able to release it within 24 hours. However, I was skeptic because of the verification prompt I experienced before that. So I tried to log in to my account again -- this time, using Chrome browser on my mobile phone.

I AM, ONCE AGAIN, LOCKED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. So I changed my password. I did it about 4 times last Thursday night (PH). I tried it on my phone in the cafe, on my laptop in the cafe, on my phone at home, on my laptop at home. Each and every time, I am able to reset my password successfully, but every time I log off and use another device (even the same device!) to login, my account gets locked out. I just did it today! That's why I was able to login and type this post.

This is the error message that pops up every time.

Error MessageError Message

And this is the proof of how many times I have been resetting my password... EACH and EVERY TIME I try to login -- whether on a different or the same device and/or location.

Reset Password all the time!

I have messaged PayPal via my account several times. They keep sending me instructions on how to recover my account as in the help pages. SO NOT VERY USEFUL. They would not answer my question as to why my payments are being put on hold, and most importantly, why they keep locking my account. As the owner, I have the right to know about the suspicious activities in my account, right?

Does anyone have an idea of what's happening? Do you think I should just close my account with PayPal?

Thanks!

PP use from the PH

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Toets
New Community Member

I have this problem too for a week now. What is the solution to this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.