Primary phone number got deleted by my telemarketer

IKos
New Community Member

As the title says, my primary phone number got deleted by my telemarketer due to inactivity, I can not receive any messages or calls, because the number does not exist anymore in any system, and paypal has asked me on occasion before to confirm my login via text message, and if that happens again I could be locked out of my account. I logged in today to change it I have been unable to remove it. The only other phone number I have is a foreign number that does not belong the the country that I listed my paypal at, so it refuses to let me change it and it's impractical for me to get another number from my own country just as a backup for paypal.
If any of you have any advice on how to remove a primary phone number I would really grateful.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi IKos, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It is not possible to remove a phone number without adding a new number first. A phone number is required to be registered on all PayPal accounts. As PayPal is country-specific, if you have moved to a new country please create a new PayPal account. The country and phone country code are automatically set for the account once the account is created and cannot be changed. This would be the reason why you are unable to add a foreign number to your PayPal account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.