Postcode

sarah764
Contributor
Contributor

Every now and then when I make a purchase using PayPal  I notice that while my address is correct the postcode is the one from my previous home. I have updated it, and re-checked, and can't find the old address or postcode within the PayPal system so I'm really not sure why this keeps getting thrown up. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sarah764

Check its not on one of your billing addresses?

Go to your paypal wallet and click on each of your cards and bank accounts and see if the address postcode is ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sarah764
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Thanks for your reply - already done Smiley Wink I just can't understand it - very weird.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sarah764

Whilst you can remove or edit addresses on paypal they are still 'stored' on paypal, (according to the mods) so your best bet is to phone customer services and get them to check and remove any incorrect ones.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sarah764
Contributor
Contributor

That's awesome - thank you! Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.