Possible to open new account with same details after closing existing one?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am planning to delete my PayPal account and am wondering if it would be possible to use the same details in the future if I ever wish to register again. As in the same email address, phone number and bank details?

I am asking this question because I have seen conflicting information on this forum. The most recent reply I could find from a moderator on this topic was this response from @PayPal_Callie which suggests it is possible. 

I have already removed my bank account and card from the account. Is there anything else I should do before deleting the account? 

Another problem I faced was when I try to close my account I am prompted to pay off PayPal Credit balance. However, I already paid off the balance a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I have to wait until I receive the end of month statement?

Thanks in advance 😊

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hey User0.

If you close your existing PayPal account, you will be able to use the same email address to create a new PayPal account if you wish. This can be done directly through the PayPal website. 

Hey 44080.

Yes, you can link your local bank account to your PayPal account. This can be done through the 'Settings' page on the PayPal website. Once the bank was opened in the same country as your PayPal account, you should be able to add the account to PayPal without any problems.

I hope this helps. 
David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

outleino
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Anonymous_User ,

Please reconsider! If there's a chance that you might want to use PayPal in the future, it's a good idea to keep your account open. There's no fee to keep your account open.

Before you close your account, make sure to withdraw any money you keep in your PayPal account. You can transfer money electronically to your bank account or ask us to send a check. (There's a $1.50 charge to send a check.) If you have an email address on your account that you haven't confirmed, remove it from your account before you close it.

You can't close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance. Here's how to close your PayPal account:

1. Click Settings next to "Log Out."
  2. Click Close your account under "Account options."
  3. Enter your bank account number if requested.
  4. Click Close Account.

Here's what happens when you close your account:

• Any unpaid money requests are automatically canceled.
  • You lose any unused redemption codes or coupons.

Good luck sir,

Outleino.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Thank you @outleino  for the reply but it doesn't answer my question. I already read the page you copied that from. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_david

Hey User0.

If you close your existing PayPal account, you will be able to use the same email address to create a new PayPal account if you wish. This can be done directly through the PayPal website. 

Hey 44080.

Yes, you can link your local bank account to your PayPal account. This can be done through the 'Settings' page on the PayPal website. Once the bank was opened in the same country as your PayPal account, you should be able to add the account to PayPal without any problems.

I hope this helps. 
David.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
I was wondering is it possible I to link PayPal account with my local bank account, is it possible to do that
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.