Please help

Lizziehowarddd
New Community Member
Hi, I am currently in Australia on a 1 year working visa. I have tried to purchase some Bali flight tickets using my paypal account. When I put my email and password in it then asked me to confirm who I am by sending a message to my English mobile number which doesn’t work anymore as I now have an Australian one. When I went on the IPhone app to change my number it wasn’t recognising an Australian number therefore I put my mums mobile number in there. I can’t seem to be able to delete my old mobile number? Please help as I’m really worried my tickets haven’t purchased
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lizziehowarddd

Paypal is country specific so if you start using that account in another country paypal security would kick in wanting to verify its you and your account has not been hijacked by a scammer in another country.

So the way that they do that is by sending you a text to the phone you have linked to that paypal account. Adding another phone number won't work as the scammer could do that couldn't they.

Your only option is to phone in and confirm its you via security questions / uploading passport info etc, you would need to contact customer services to see what they advise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aldane111
Contributor
Contributor

i lend a friend of mine my ( personal )paypal account and he said he signed up for  some site that was giving him free money which i  told him...not to do and i try to open my account and change the password so he wont have access but i couldn't because i tried  the steps you left to identify as the account owner but i don't travel so i never  update my passport nor and i don't have a driver license

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi aldane111,

It sounds like there's a limitation on the account. If you need help resolving a limitation, please contact PayPal customer service

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

aldane111
Contributor
Contributor

i already did that  i called them  and the a.i saying i need 6 digit number which i can't find  for my other account

Login to Me Too

aldane111
Contributor
Contributor

i tried that already but i the  AI telling  that i need my 6 digit code and i don't know where to find that and im using my business paypal to talk to you so i'm not sure if i need to set up one or if it has one..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.