Please add a payment option!!!

williampwq
Contributor
Contributor

williampwq_0-1595326422259.png

As shown above in the screenshot, I was trying to transfer money to my friend. Ive already linked my debit card, verified it with phone, activate my account via gmail (basically I think Ive done all the verifying). BUT! It keeps saying PLEASE ADD A PAYMENT OPTION... help lol

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williampwq 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

AditiStrider
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, the problem you stated above is quite common. This might occur when you insufficient balance on your card/bank or PayPal balance. Please recheck how much balance you have from the source your paying to your friend.

Hope this helped!
Kudos/Solutions are appreciated.

Regards
AditiStrider

Login to Me Too

williampwq
Contributor
Contributor

Im 100% confirm that I have sufficient balance in my bank account

Login to Me Too

AditiStrider
Contributor
Contributor

You cannot pay someone directly from your bank. First you have to transfer funds from your bank to your PayPal balance then you can send someone the required amount. In the other hand if your paying with your credit/debit card, you can send directly by linking your card to paypal and confirming it but the card must have sufficient balance.

Hope this helped!
Kudos/Solutions are appreciated.

Regards
AditiStrider

Login to Me Too

williampwq
Contributor
Contributor

I totally understood what you said. By saying "my bank account has sufficient balance" means that, the debit card taht I linked and verified to Paypal payment option which is also linked to my bank account (Debit card: a card allowing the holder to transfer money electronically from their bank account when making a purchase). So yes, the debit card I linked/added 100% confirm has suffiecient balance

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AditiStrider 

Of course you can send a payment directly from your bank account, i do it all the while.

You NEVER need funds in a paypal balance as a buyer as paypal will automatically take from any linked and confirmed bank account or card.

Whether you can't use a bank account in YOUR country is another matter but in the original posters country of Malaysia they can.

@williampwq 

Have you confirmed your bank account or debit card with the 4 digit code?

Does the name and billing address of bank account or card match your paypal account details?

Is the bank account / card issued in your country?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

williampwq
Contributor
Contributor

1. I've done the 4-digit verify of debit card via my phone.

2. Phone number and billing address are both match to the debit card billing info. Only the name, William Phua actually is the nickname/id of Paypal, but isnt the Full name of my debit card. So how do I change it?

3. Yea I have no problem using this debit card all the time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williampwq 

Is the name on your paypal account your legal name or a nickname then?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

williampwq
Contributor
Contributor

NICKNAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 😞

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williampwq 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.