Phone number tied to former account lost, cannot access.

Selena_HK
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

As the title suggests, I no longer have access to the phone number tied to a former account I had open on Paypal. As a consequence, a temporary password was set through my email account. Due my lack of access to said phone number, I cannot adequately verify my identity as per Paypal's requirements to set this temporary password.

Further, half an hour ago I have now received a message describing unusual activity on my former account from Marseille. While I suspect this was fraudulent due to the requirement of setting a new password with a deactivated phone number, it has reminded me that the account was never terminated following migrating my details to this current one.

How should I approach this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Selena_HK

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Selena_HK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Unfortunately the simple solution of just resetting the password is impossible as the phone number I do not have access to is a required form of identification in the password reset process. Further, as apparently the account has been moved to a foreign nation, the local Paypal team cannot administer the account or otherwise interact with it.

I am now asking support on Facebook about this issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.