Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @BabaInternet,

Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here in our Community. I know it can be frustrating to not have access to your account, and we do have ways of helping you update your information, however, we'll need to speak with you over the phone in order to make the necessary updates. To contact us as a guest without logging in, please visit our Contact page, and click on Password and account access. On the next page, click Login problems where you'll then find the option to call us as a guest towards the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Polaar
New Community Member

Paypal is stopping me from logging in. Demanding a mobile phone number, which I don't have. Help

Login to Me Too

deiselcan
Contributor
Contributor

I do not own a phone. And apparently, that means I can no longer use Paypal. Is that correct? Every time I try to log in or get help or anything at all, I am taken to a page that asks for a mobile number. I do not have a mobile number. What can I do?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

no-cell-phone
New Community Member

Yup, same thing happened to me. I was locked out of my account I had for years. Apparently, there is no way to fix this problem they caused for certain customers. I am looking for a new service.

Also I had to click 15 times on the Captcha images to login here. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

conh
Contributor
Contributor

cannot access account. Have no phone which is required for receiving a code!

Login to Me Too

YojimboRatchet
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot log in to access chat support either and all i read are the same copy and pasted answers to talk to someone.. i need a viable answer and access to my account and now. why am I being forced into a stupid mobile phone option on login ? Why is PayPal not accounting that some people do not have cell phones...

I want my account fixed and this stupid mobile option on login removed now.

Login to Me Too

YojimboRatchet
Contributor
Contributor

I called the help line. you know what they said to me ? "buy a cell phone".. seriously ???????

not good enough ....

Login to Me Too

temp20210813a
New Community Member
I can’t login as I have changed my phone number
Login to Me Too

FrostFerret
Contributor
Contributor

I created my Paypal account in Australia in 2009.
Moved to Singapore in 2014
I have the password to my Paypal account but can't login due to mobile verification which requires my old Australian mobile number.
Need to get back into the account as there are some important invoices in there.

How do I contact the Paypal team to remove the mobile verification from my account?
Is the only way to call them?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

wazzalog
Contributor
Contributor

Hi FrostFerret.  I have just tried to log in to my paypal account, which I use regularly.  It wants to add my mobile to keep my account secure.  I have tried putting in my mobile number but says it's invalid.  I have gone to their help section "having trouble logging in?", which then made me change my password, but in order to do that they had to send me a verification code to the mobile number that they reckon is invalid.  Now I have ended up in this Community to try and find an answer.  It looks like we may have to ring them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.