New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
locked out of paypal last 12 months. tel number changed. pay pal is a head ache 2 hours working on this now..where do i phone. need help
I have a new contact number and want to change it in my account, but when I try to log in the system wants to send a txt to my old number. How do I overcome this? TIA
I have a problem with the login process. I lost my old number and now i can't verfiy my account with the new it, since I have a new number. Thus, I can't login anymore to my account. I tried to change the password and still the same problem. What should I do? I need to pay with paypal urgently and I can't do that now.
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
I need to update my phone number but I can't login to do that because 2 step authentication is set with my old number. If I can't login I can't change the number, and if I can't change the number I can't login.
Hope someone can help, thanks.
'Solved' here takes on a truly Kafkaesque meaning. Congratulations PayPal on devising a successful business model which involves treating your customers with absolute contempt.
(I can log in here to post this but not into my account, how hilarious)
I am not a robot
"Congratulations, you earned the Icebreaker Badge!" What is this, a Hey Duggee forum? How long before I get my Blocked by PayPal Moderator badge, I wonder
Hello again, given how my previous posts might be received I don't want to be seen as too negative on this forum and so endanger my social credit score further, so on a more constructive note: does anyone know of a reliable alternative payment-mediating service which those of us who have been locked out by PayPal could switch to? I appreciate it might be difficult for competitors to get much of a look-in, what with eBay owning PayPal (monopoly much?), but still. Any names, list them here. Thanks.
Firstly thanks for slating my help in the solution !!
I put together everything I could think of that may help others log in, and many have managed to do so.
However if they can't then I added on Paypals contact information.
So if you found my FREE HELP annoying then please feel free to post your own 'solution' on this 'user to user' community forum.
Secondly Ebay does not own Paypal they split years ago, where have you been?
Lastly loads of other payment processors around, try google to find them.
Hi @kernowlass, I wasn't slating you personally or your efforts to help, just highlighting that the issue is far from SOLVED, and it is up to PayPal, not users on a community forum, to solve it.
Thank you for the ownership update. I now see from Wikipedia that their 'agreement' ended last year, and they're now entirely separate entities. My mistake is perhaps understandable as PayPal still comes up as the default payment method on eBay transactions. Must be a glitch.
I was asking about other companies partly as a snub to the PayPal brand, obviously, and partly because I guessed that eliciting recommendations on a user community would be more informative than Googling. Perhaps you could suggest one?