Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

colt86
New Community Member

I have new password set up and can't login because i have new phone number.
What can i do?

Login to Me Too

HRicsi
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I lived in England when I made my PayPal account. Now I'm living in Denmark, but I can not login because the system would like send a security code to my english phone number. But my english phone number are not live anymore! And I can not find any way to reach somebody at PayPal to help me. This Q&A community are my last chance. So if you can help me somebody, I very appreciate this. 😉 Richard
Login to Me Too

Dean105
New Community Member
Hi i have changed my phone number and cant acces my account
Login to Me Too

Hermosa_Reinaa
New Community Member
I’ve tried to make a transaction in my account and was locked out of it I had an old number that was not active any longer for a passcode verification. I called Customer service and have literally been on the phone for 4:01:50 And I’ve called 3 times before for help and was told 11-15 minutes and it wasn’t the first time. I can’t reset my password, change phone numbers and now it says error with no choice of trying to get in from my side. Please help me get into my account so I can take care of my responsibilities and PICK UP THE PHONE!!! I’m tired of calling and waiting for 5 hours it’s ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hermosa_Reinaa 

Try messaging them through Twitter @askpaypal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Viskamoku
New Community Member
Hi, what to do if i don't have my old phone number and can't access to my old account? Accidentaly received payment to old account which is same email to my ebay account, their ask confirmation via sms.. thank you
Login to Me Too

marijana11
New Community Member

Greeting
  I have a problem logging in to paypal because I changed my phone number so I am not able to get a security code
Can you help me regulate that?

Login to Me Too

Aidanscott
New Community Member
Hello, I recently changed phone numbers and have been sat on a dormant PayPal account for quite some time now, I want to delete the account and switch to this one I am using and I cannot is there anyway I can do that?
Login to Me Too

GelooO
New Community Member
Please help me iwant to rest my password but icant use my phone number and I forget the questions but just ihave the email now and when igo to rest my password ijust see rest by phone number Iwant to rest with email Please help me
Login to Me Too

Replay_
New Community Member

Hey guys, hope we are all well, so i have a question that hopefully you guys will be able to answer. So i have 2 paypal accounts to one of which i cannot access due to not being able having the phone number to get into that account to access my money that is in it. If you guys could please help that would be greatly appreciated  

Thanks guys.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.