Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laur2214 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cassie8916
Contributor
Contributor

i can't login it wants a cell phone number i have never owned or want to own one how do i log on telephone call gave a code which i entered and they said they would call back two days ago never did

Login to Me Too

tomm01
Contributor
Contributor

The real question how you registered on paypal without a phone number?

Login to Me Too

Rliubinskaite12
Contributor
Contributor
I can log in to my account because i don't have the numbers😢😢😢help please
Login to Me Too

alkassim2021

Hello, 

I have a problem with the login process. I lost my old number and now i can't verfiy my account with the new it, since I have a new number. Thus, I can't login anymore to my account. I tried to change the password and still the same problem. What should I do? I need to pay with paypal urgently and I can't do that now. 

Kind Regards
Alkassim

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alkassim2021 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Edward1212
New Community Member
I no longer have the cell phone I had when creating the paypal account. Haven't updated anything in a long while, got money sent, tried to link a new bank account and it asked for a quick security check by sending a code to my cell (old number) I tried updating the number so I could actually receive the text they want to send me but it said phone not supported. Now it won't let me exit that screen even when I log out and back in again. Very frustrating...any suggestions??
Login to Me Too

Sefton1
New Community Member
Phone number not valid anymore
Login to Me Too

Leanne52
Contributor
Contributor
I have another paypal account but cant access it as I dont have old phone number I have recently had a money go in there but cant contract pay pay without being logged into that account
Login to Me Too

Vladimir77
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I want my Paypal account deleted, because I don't have a current phone number (I don't have any funds in my paypal account) so I can create a new one and start using it regularly. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.