Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Stuarty2021
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have had a paypal account for many years. I haven't been able to log in for months now as my old phone number is registered on the account so I can't pass the security check. I have contacted twitter, they have told me the only thing I can do is phone customer services, which I can't do as a suffer with really bad anxiety and can't do phone calls. I have tried everything I possibly can, Would really love to have my Paypal account back

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Stuarty2021, welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble logging in to your account and contacting PayPal. We do now have a dedicated team available to assist customers with login issues. If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page, from here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Message Us' or ‘Call Us’ option. You can then select the option underneath "Chat with us while logged out". You do not need to be logged in to use this feature as it is precisely for access issues.

I hope this helps.

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Stuarty2021
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sean,

Thank you for the reply. 

I only seem to get the ''call us'' message. I've went through that a lot of times and have never seen the message us button beside it. I'm from the UK if that makes any difference?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Romelo
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone help me to bypass the verification for my deactivated mobile number?

I already verified thru email but I'm unable to proceed since it's asking for another verification

thru my mobile number which is already deactivated and not working anymore.

I need to somehow use only one paypal account.

Please anyone help me.

My old Paypal account is under yahoo email account.

Login to Me Too

DonalCashman
Contributor
Contributor
I am not being allowed to login due to extra security protection/verification. I haven't used paypal for a while and some security protocal asks me to verify by phone/text....the problem is that i no longer use that mobile number; my back up number us no longer in use either and i don't live at the house (landline) anymore. How can i receive a verification code? There is no option to receive it by email. Please help.....if you can. Thanks Donal.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
I changed my phone number,i dont’t have old phone number. I know my email and password but i can’t login bc i don’t have old number Can i somehow change my phone number to access to my account?
Login to Me Too

frezey23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I want log may account not possibly change my mobile number can you please confirm may New nambe <removed> please then kyou <removed>

Login to Me Too

lukehanwalker
New Community Member
I can’t log in and I have changed my phone number to validate
Login to Me Too

Kaimarennika
New Community Member
Hello. I can't verify my account because of my old phone number. What can I do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaimarennika 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.