Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Triumphsprintst
New Community Member
My ‘we’ll call you’ number is wrong but I can’t change it because calling or texting me a security code doesn’t work, because I can’t log on to change it.
Login to Me Too

brittking0127
i no longer have my cell phone to get a code sent to me to sign in please help me????!!!! 👍
Login to Me Too

nmfp
Contributor
Contributor

Im trying to update my mobile number, but keep getting a "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later" message.

I tried contacting support, but no "Support Agent is available at the moment"

Whats wrong with PayPal and how can I even contact Support?? Theres not even a means to leave them an email so they can reply to you and resolve the issue

paypal.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nmfp 

Is it a mobile phone registered in your country / same country as your paypal account and registered in your name only?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nmfp
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Hi, yes. It's registered in the same country and the same network service. Also registered in my own name as only.

Login to Me Too

Sophiaelse
New Community Member
When i want to login I have to authorize it with a sms to my number, but I don’t use that number anymore… like I have a new one. But now I can’t change it because i cant login
Login to Me Too

asir009
Contributor
Contributor

I can't log in to my account. I lost my phone and now because of the verification, I can't log in. Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too

DipuHalder
Contributor
Contributor
I have two years to login in my account and my phone number has changed. But to login PayPal asks to sends code in that number. How can I solve this problem and login in my account? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DipuHalder 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Damian7800
New Community Member

i have reset my password and wanting to log into my account but then asked to confirm via cell or text but the number has chnaged to what they have on system so i cannot verify the 2 step verification through that number and need to change the number for verifcation but cant log into the account without verification.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.