Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

nenadanticc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,i have added new phone number to paypal account, but when i want to login text message with code still going to be sent at old number, when i press that i have problem with log in, im just get message like: Sorry we cannot log you in, not have option for security questions or something another, that happends on mobile app and safari browser.  I have set my new phone number to primary and secondary but still sms with verification code going to be sended on old number. 

Login to Me Too

Rebecca831
New Community Member
Cant verify my second identity because number on account old so can't long in to my PayPal
Login to Me Too

DusanV
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like most of us are having the same issue these days. 

0. I've received a kind email on March 22nd:

DusanV_2-1618232991368.png

1. Clicked Login. Tried to login, the old number appears as the only option to get an access code (number in the image below is even not known to me)

DusanV_0-1618232789451.png

3. I click "Next" (well, there is nothing else to do).

4. Of course, because the number is not correct, I get this:

DusanV_1-1618232831768.png

Now, tried all the tricks I knew. Login from another browser, get a new password. Does not work, because the new password is not sent due to the same reason (needs mobile phone number to send confirmation code).

Even called the support number in Dublin and talked to a robot for 8 minutes. The robot was uncapable of spelling the domain name and got stuck repeating the nonsense, because it thinks that cemeteries is written as cementeries.

So I have 2 questions in fact:

1. How can I solve my issue and update the phone number without spending 3 hours to get a phone number from CEO of PayPal?

2. Did anyone at PayPal tried to test this email before launching it into the air? As it seems, noone thought about it that one cannot update the phone number without being logged in.

Really, wondering how it is possible that someone gets a pretty good money for making such basic mistakes.

Login to Me Too

Esteri

New PSD2 Regulations change the way you log in with PayPal. If your mobile number isn’t up to date access will be disrupted. Please check your Profile now. What is this? I made my account for the first time. I have had the same phone number over 20 years. I had problems to run this on my computer but I cannot explain it in English. Sorry, my English is bad and it makes this even worst. There is nothing wrong with the telephone number.

Login to Me Too

JusticeBrown07
New Community Member
I have added my updated number, but some stupid reason PayPal wants to verify me using an old number that is no longer in service and I cannot use the damn phone number which means I cannot use my account
Login to Me Too

AbieMiracle
New Community Member
I lost my phone and my simcard inside and it's hard to do a welcome back so when I logged in my new phone after verifying my email and password they told me to input a code sent to my number that I lost and now I can't log into my account further, pls how can I fix this
Login to Me Too

OWLgrafic

I have been trying to solve this problem for a week, of course without success. I also tried with an agent on FB but it didn't give any results ... any advice?

Login to Me Too

oldmatrix_fan
New Community Member

Hello,

I have an old Paypal account that is registered on a yahoo account and I'm not able to login to my account due to an

obsolete Croatian number, and I'm in Australia. I do have access to this email account and I know the paypal password of the account,

but I cannot receive the verification code. I do have answers to security questions, but it does not allow me to change verification

options. Is there any way that you can help please?

Login to Me Too

patrykdaniel92
New Community Member

Hi my name is Patryk e-mail <removed> i have problem to go to account because telephone number not exist any more what i can do

Login to Me Too

Rainbowhalo
New Community Member
I have been trying to login in,but it wants to send me a verification no to a mobile no i no longer have,what do i do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.