Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

nadinar
New Community Member

Hi

I want to log in in my paypal account but i have changed my phone number. How do i make the change so i can be verified since i can t log in? thanks

Login to Me Too

female71
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, None of the steps often mentioned worked for me (keep putting password in,...), but this one did: Message PayPal through Facebook messenger, you'll interact with a robo assistant. I told him that I can't access my account because the cellphone number changed. He sent me a link to reset my phone number. I was back in my account within minutes. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Stefan332
I wanted to buy something,and I can't login due lost number... Can't get past the login verification screen...Can anyone help? I've tried contacting support, twitter,fb,email and call no luck 🙁🙁🙁
Login to Me Too

Yana_S
New Community Member
Hi! I can't login because the phone number is changed. How can I log in my profile to change the phone number with the correct one?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yana_S 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tini2n
New Community Member
I don’t have access to old phone number, that I used to register in paypal. When I try to add new number at reset password step - validation errors with message “phone number type didn’t supported”. country code is +380 (Ukraine). Can I sent reset link to my email, that I registered, not by SMS?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tini2n 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Nadiya2021
Contributor
Contributor
HI my old account when I try to log in it says I need to verify with my mobile number. But the number I don’t have access to it anymore. So I can’t reset the password or log in. How can I regain access to my account? I can’t find anything to directly contact PayPal. So frustrating!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nadiya2021 

Try:

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Brycedesalvo
New Community Member
I recently moved to the UK from America, no customer service will help me. I have money in my account with no bank to hook up too. I don't have my USA phone number anymore and no more usa bank. So how do I get my money out?? I had folks pay me for items after I moved away and idk what to do. Please someone help me out cause its been 3 days of straight trying. I can't even change my country to add another bank.. what can I do??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.