Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

aquamarine2013
Contributor
Contributor

I have a friend who has a PayPal account in England and she currently lives in Korea. Because of this, she no longer has a UK number. This means she cannot receive any Verified Codes that PayPal sends in order to log in / send messages to the help center. Has anyone else had this problem? Even when she calls, the call center agent cannot help since she does not have the code. When she tried to call the Korean PayPal, due to Corona they have no call agents. She was directed to send an email....which she cannot do. She just wants to transfer her PayPal balance to her bank account. 

Has anyone had this issue? Please help!!! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aquamarine2013 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

koko_gk
Contributor
Contributor

hi i change my phone number so i cant get to my account because i don't use my account for years now they want to sent the code to my pass phone number  but i have a lot of money in my account what can i do?

Login to Me Too

kpats1980
New Community Member

I am having trouble accessing my account, I can change my password, then it asks for further verification either by a call back or a text but phone number inked to my account has now changed. how can I access my account, it just keeps going in this loop. no way to access

Login to Me Too

KATJA33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I can't access my business account, it keeps asking me to enter the code on the mobile phone registered that I don't have anymore.

I lost the phone, and I am trying to get in by changing the password, and through email - but even after confirming the account trough 

the email, the same request pops up over and over again.

I tried to call Paypal, but the machine says that they can't connect me with the real person due to a lack of stuff in Corona times.

I also tried to message Paypal but I have to be logged in in order to message them.

I have open invoices and money on the account and I need to access it asap, my clients are waiting for confirmations and follow-up.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KATJA33 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Marjanv
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account, but I have changed my phne numbeer. By logging in I'm asked to recieve a confirmation on my old phone numbeer and I don't know how to change my phone number.

Login to Me Too

Santurdzhiyan
Please help, I can't login without the authentication step! And that phone number is no longer in use for a long time... I even tried creating a new account, but I have my main email address linked to that one already! Please help... how can I authenticate without that stupid old phone number..?? 😞
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Santurdzhiyan 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Itsme72
Contributor
Contributor

I recently lost my mobile phone and now have a new number. When I try to log in, the system wants to send sms or call me to a number that I no longer have. Everything I have tried to contact paypal, including phone calls has ended by telling me to log in to my account??? I am currently overseas and these phone calls are costing me 25p per minute it's costing me a fortune and I am not receiving any results!!! PLeeeeaaase Heeeeeeeeeeelllllp!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.