Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

6emma9
Contributor
Contributor

solution that worked for me

I changed 6 time my password in one browser and paypal stil dont want log me in in that browser. Then I try log in in another browser and Vou a la, I was in

thank for advice kernowlass

Login to Me Too

Tommy13
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Dodobirdhjhljhl
Contributor
Contributor

This is how i got it to work, 

Create another account (new one)

Contact Paypal and say you can't login for the other account.

Write the email of the account you cant log in to and the new phone number.

Wait for them to change it.

DONE

You are welcome lads!

Login to Me Too

SimonaHoy1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried doing the same but they don't respond to me... can you give me a little bit more details on how they fixed it for you? Didn't they ask you for some kind of info in order to verify that this other account is truly yours?

Thanks,

Simona

Login to Me Too

kevin376
New Community Member

Creating a new account is not necessary. I think that contacting paypal through facebook is helpful. During business hours I'm sure there is a way to contact paypal staff via email/chat/live person. Its sad that if you change number, paypal locks you out. Hopefully they'll make things easier for their clients in the near future by giving us a way in so we can edit our account. 

I'm writing this @ 11:49pm when most in the UK are sleeping.

Dont worry all..

God Bless

Login to Me Too

jonhall88
Contributor
Contributor
After 7 hours admitted defeat, what a truly dreadful system
Login to Me Too

AttilaR
Contributor
Contributor

You need the last 4 digits of your registered card and call <removed>. That's all!

Login to Me Too

16lucy
Contributor
Contributor
What do you mean? I did that and nothing could change
Login to Me Too

AttilaR
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I had the same problem. The easiest way is: 1. You need the last 4 digits of the card registered 2. Phone 0203917000 It will be sorted in minutes. Simple as that....
Login to Me Too

Josealma7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much. Changing the mobile number really worked for me with just calling PayPal in the UK, from a landline phone: <removed>, you only need the last 4 numbers of the card associated with the PayPal account. Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.