Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Ianstokes31
New Community Member

Not used PayPal for 3 years

New mobile number in this time

at login, the only verification option offered is with mobile number which is now out of date.  Cannot see a way round this.

Login to Me Too

harleysawdon
New Community Member

im locked out of my account as i just lost my old phone number and its the only options i have when trying to access my paypal

Login to Me Too

Davidteeth
New Community Member
Need help logging in since new part log in Have new number so can’t verify
Login to Me Too

Juniorlele_
New Community Member
How do I login in into my PayPal if I have changed my phone number and the only way to login in, is for PayPal to send a message to phone number or call it, due to the new regulations therefore now I can’t Log in.
Login to Me Too

SB105
I’ve changed my number and when i want to log into paypal the only option it gives is sending a code to the number and i can’t possibly log in!! what can i do??
Login to Me Too

Jolokia
Contributor
Contributor

It seems there is nothing you can do.

Login to Me Too

SB105
but i just had a friend transfer to me and now that money is gone?
Login to Me Too

Jolokia
Contributor
Contributor

I would think so, given Paypal's reluctancy to address (much less) fix this problem.
In the same boat here. 

Login to Me Too

SB105
do you think calling up would be a good idea? the money is for a donation for a baby
Login to Me Too

Tom315
Contributor
Contributor
Can’t log in because I have a different phone number than registered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.