Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

roman8989
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, my main account was locked by unusually activity. I tried to log in, received an email code but i haven’t my old sim card. How can i get access to this account or link my card to new account? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

BarryReeve
New Community Member

Hi, 

Any help would be great. The phone number on my account is my old number, so I cannot receive a text to get my 2FA code. I cannot find a way of contacting PayPal unless I sign in!? 

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too

ejnit
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

I have not used paypal in a long time. since then I changed my mobile number. When i tried to create a new acc it says that there is an acc with my email already. i recieved the verification code via mail, but cant procede the verification cause the security number is sent to my old number that i dont have access anymore. how can i log in and use my paypal acc/

br

anita

Login to Me Too

steve26west
New Community Member

Hi, Cannot get past the 2nd step verification request when I try to log in as it has an old phone number which is no longer in use. How do I get around this ? 

Login to Me Too

Andysimpson
New Community Member
Hi can anyone help me , I've changed my mobile number,hence I can not get into my account and reset it and can not receive a text message to update my account and don't have a landline. What can I do to solve this , thank you .
Login to Me Too

Kel99999
New Community Member
Hello I have changed my phone number and am required to verify my account with the code sent via text but it wants to send it to the old number so I can’t log in to my settings to change it.... caught ina loop can anyone help it’s probably simple
Login to Me Too

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, @Kel99999 

If you are encountering an old number loop hole, then please try and clear your browsers cache and cookies, if not please try logging in on another device as these things can get caught in your cache and save the old information.

If none above works, please contact PayPal live support 🙂

Thanks,

Harley

If this help please give me a kudo! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Rickerby75
Contributor
Contributor
I have a new mobile number but havnt changed it with paypal and can't sign in ad it wants to send code
Login to Me Too

Jaroslaw1
New Community Member

How change mobile number for verification without logi in

Login to Me Too

ositis
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem, unfortunately there are no operators available due to covid.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.