Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,975 REPLIES 4,975

nicolem4116
Contributor
Contributor
Trying to get in to my account to access my money but saying need to phone or text but I don’t have that number anymore
Login to Me Too

Mylezz
New Community Member
Hi, Can’t find any real solutions on previous questions asked about this issue. I changed my phone number and now I can’t log in due to the verification code being sent to my old mobile number. PayPals Twitter just keep asking me to use the ‘message us’ function which only works when I am LOGGED IN when my issue is not being able to login. Has anyone found a way around this or to get PayPal to assist??
Login to Me Too

LN100
New Community Member
Hi, I’m really struggling to login to PayPal. Both phone numbers on my account are wrong so I can’t get the call back or text message to confirm it’s me. So I can’t even get in to message for help. And I can’t find a contact number to call PayPal. Can anyone advise me how to get in to my account or reset the phone numbers?
Login to Me Too

claricewilliams
New Community Member

I have recieved a request to use a pin number/code to authenticate my account. My mobile number has changed,so can't log in and authenticate my account. 

Login to Me Too

Boreas
I have changed my Phone number and now I can't access my account because I can't receive the verification code. Is there anything I can do?
Login to Me Too

Marius0217
New Community Member
Hi, recently i have changed my number and now i can not conect to my paypal account. There is not any options to chose something like "I don't have my phone with me". So, how i should connect to my account now?
Login to Me Too

Al702
New Community Member
I no longer have the phone that is required for login security ? I've tried everything, cheers.
Login to Me Too

Vickyclaire21
New Community Member
I have tried to access my PayPal account but the second part of verification only gives the option to ring a phone number that is unknown to me, so I am unable to input the four digit code.
Login to Me Too

Sikwon
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same problem. I just went to log in and it asked to text me. Unfortunately i no longer have that number.

Login to Me Too

Caffmcd
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue, changed number since I last used PayPal and can't get past the 2 step authentication. Their advice says to change number in settings which you can't do without logging in which is the issue in the first place, tried using the online chat option for help but was asked to log in again
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.