SOLVED
J4YD182

Re: Can’t log in due to phone number change

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!

chengnwsh

Hi mate, 

Hope you had a great holiday. 

I had the exact issue and I figured out this loophole - it's probably a logistic or design default of Paypal. 

The solution: 

1.Log out of your account from your browser 

2.Go to log in page and type your email address of your Paypal account 
3.Click on 'having problem log-in' or 'can't log in' or whatever it is.

4.On this page, you have the option to receive a code via email; to receive a code via text message; or to verify your identity by confirming your linked bank card number. Choose to verify your identity by confirming your linked bank card number.

5.Type you card number and you'll probably be able to get into the dashboard page. 

6.Update mobile number and remove all expired phone number.

7.Voila

Hope this helps! 

mnbkgg
Contributor

Fixed at last! I rang PayPal uk support on <removed> which is in Ireland. This is a feature intended to prevent fraud.

kaarlogc
Contributor

Can you please elaborate what did you do while calling that number? Can we use that even if I'm a non-US or UK resident?
mnbkgg
Contributor

Spoke to UK PayPal support. Explained I needed to change my number. They checked my id using my personal details then updated it and waited whilst I checked I could log in. If only I had found this number before. Asking Google gives me an unrecognised number. Good luck people!
de99

Can’t log in due to phone number change

Which  number did you call for PayPal support?

Rebecca141
New Community Member

Help

Some other people have had the same issue. Im trying to log onto my PayPal account but its asking to confirm details through a phonecall or text. The phone number is my old one but you can't reset it without logging on which it won't let me do. What should I do? Is their anyone i can ring to renew my details over the phone
nicolem4116
Contributor

Acsess

Trying to get in to my account to access my money but saying need to phone or text but I don’t have that number anymore
LN100
New Community Member

Access issues

Hi, I’m really struggling to login to PayPal. Both phone numbers on my account are wrong so I can’t get the call back or text message to confirm it’s me. So I can’t even get in to message for help. And I can’t find a contact number to call PayPal. Can anyone advise me how to get in to my account or reset the phone numbers?
claricewilliams
New Community Member

I need help logging into my Account

I have recieved a request to use a pin number/code to authenticate my account. My mobile number has changed,so can't log in and authenticate my account.