Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

betaT

HI,

safari on IPHONE did the trick for me

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

PetVet

Thank you OLM20! Worked for me!

Login to Me Too

zhunter71
Contributor
Contributor

"from time to time you may be asked"... i have been asked three times in the past week to authenticate my account, three!   Just how many times does someone need to authenticate their account in one damn week? its absurd!

Login to Me Too

Billiejobrin
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal has asked me for this psd2 strong authentication but I have and old mobile number on there. How do I go about this please I can't pay for nothing on ebay etc
Login to Me Too

im here looking for the same answer and it seems we dont . we give up an dont bloody bother again !

Login to Me Too

Adet1
New Community Member

Can you tell me what I should do? I am trying to send money via email and it showing me this PSD2 .. I need an answer asap.

Login to Me Too

DanInTrouble
Contributor
Contributor

It's the new system that shut me out of my account completly

PLease dear Olivia please forward this to someone that can help me:

I can't login into my account due too phone authentification and the old number I don't own anymore

Hello there,

as the title says I'm completly unable to acces my account thanks to the phone authentification and the bad coincidence that thouse phone numbers are expired.

I'm not getting any other option on how to authentificate, only 2 phone numbers I don't own anymore.

Neither can I message custom support cause I need to be logged in into my account to do so...

If this wasn't bad enough it's impossible to reach the phone line cause everything at all times is completly occupied.

I'm seriously desperating here =/

I called the service line lieterally as they were opening and still no way of getting trough.... 

Login to Me Too

pottertea
New Community Member

Currently waiting 10+ plus for my text, not arrived, so tried "we phone you" option....no phone call has been made???

Login to Me Too

Dino68
Contributor
Contributor

This does NOT WORK! The PSD2 is not sending messages - so I am locked out of my account.

Paypal support were usesless saying they can do nothing. i can not access my paypal busness account so can not run my business .

can anyone help ?

Login to Me Too

happycigarettes
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have any issue with my phone as the number is up to date (well, I've had the same number for 17 years so...) but "from time to time"??? TIME TO TIME????? I'm having to do this *every single time* I login and *every single time* I make any sort of purchase even though I always use the same two devices. And half the time the texts don't even send!

I've been waiting 15 min for the last one, which I've now requested 6 times so I guess I have to do the phone call again.

I have verified my account thirteen times today. Just today. I get logged out for inactivity, I have to verify again literal seconds later.

I don't mind doing it once or twice a week, or if I use a different device, but come on Paypal. 13 times in one day? Every day? That's insanity. Aren't you supposed to be remembering devices?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.