Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
account_closed
Contributor

So, on another account, Paypal had a non-mobile phone listed as a mobile so when I tried to log in it wanted to verify me by sending a message to my "mobile" phone. It would not work and the twits at Paypal could not figure out how to let me log in without it or delete the non-mobile phone number. They had to close the account. Now I am getting payments to that account and cannot access or reject them because Paypal no longer has that e-mail address as a log in.

How do I get these twits to not allow payments to a closed account? They seem to hide any way of contacting them about their handling of accounts.

Options
Go to solution
JosephByron
New Community Member

Hi all, 

My wife has an old Paypal account which is linked to her ebay - along with her current paypal. She didn't notice but money she recieved as an Ebay seller went into her old Paypal account. She couldn't remember the password and when she tried to reset it, they needed to contact her by phone. Sadly, the phone number linked to the account is an old home number from her childhood home - where neither her nor her mum live anymore. Is there a way to update the number or reset the password via another route? 

Thanks, 

Joe 

Options
Go to solution
Pete691
New Community Member

Hello. I wish to change my mobile number linked to the account but to complete the verification process PayPal wishes to send a message to my old number. Have tried doing what they suggest to no effect. Cannot log in to change. <removed>. Please help 😔

Options
Go to solution
asir009
Contributor

Saint How did you do it. Can you get in touch with me pls I need to get the same thing done please. 

Options
Go to solution
Bluwu
Contributor

I can’t get access to my paypal because it wants me to add a mobile number. Problem is, I don’t have one. What on earth am I to do? How do I bypass this?

Options
Go to solution
roofgardener
New Community Member

Has anyone found a solution to this ? I've just had a message from Paypal that - without a mobile phone - I will no longer be able to access my account ?

Options
Go to solution
PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee

Hi @Bluwu and @roofgardener,

Thanks for posting in relation to this issue.

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use PayPal without a mobile phone number attached to your account. This does not need to be a smartphone, a basic mobile will do. We use mobile verification as a means of confirming your identity when you are accessing your account.

Rachael 

Options
Go to solution
Jake103
Contributor

I'm with OP, I dont have a mobile phone and i wont get one, not for paypal, not for any company and not even for my boss.

I dont want to be carying around a GPS tracking device everywhere I go constantly listening to what I say.

I dont want the governement to be able to access my life history of something I might has said or done in the past because they changed the law and no longer hold the same values as me.

I dont want to be a target of investigation and constant survalence because I know a friend whos brother married a girl and her father has ties to an underground drug ring.

I don't want people who are not my friend to be able to unsoliciatly contact me without my permission for the purpose of trying to sell me that new thing they do that i dont care about.

In the age of data, I dont exist.

Options
Go to solution
Destiny68
Contributor

I agree with you my mother is an OP she doesn't want a mobile phone, I don't want to give this company my mobile and I won't if that means I can't use paypal in the future then so be it. I think we all have a freedom of choice and that choice should not be stolen or enforced by any company. Its my choice and I will stick by my choice, and I hope others will not be bullied into handing over information they do not want to share.

Options
Go to solution
Quagmire
Contributor

I don't own a mobile phone. The wife does, but I don't as I don't like one, want one, or need one. I do have a landline phone. I hope Paypal will/can do something about it as not everyone has them.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.