Phone Numbers

apcmcjames
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my mobile phone number a couple of years ago, but PayPal still insists on sending me texts to my old number. 

I have been in settings and can only see my new number.

Question is, how do I get rid of the old number so that I do not have to have 2 phones

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there apcmcjames,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

In general, you should not be able to receive texts on a phone number that you have removed from your PayPal account. If you are unable to locate this phone number in the setting of your PayPal account, there may be the chance that this number has been added to another PayPal account. Have you ever used this number on another account? If yes, your best option would be to call our Customer Service as they would be able to locate any account where your phone number has been used. 

If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and then clicking 'Call customer support'.

It may also depend on which type of texts you are getting on your old phone number. I general, in fact, PayPal only sends messages to your phone in case the system detects a possibility of unauthorised activity or to confirm your identity. If you received another kind of messages, there may be the chance that they were not coming from PayPal. You can find more information on fake messages and emails here

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.