Phone Number Change

KimWigg83
Contributor
Contributor

I need to change my phone number on a different PayPal account, but every time I attempt to sign in, it asks me to send a text to that number, which I no longer have access to. How do I change it in this situation? I tried to email PayPal Customer Support, but that option is currently not available.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi, What is 2-step verification? You can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for log in. Once this feature is activated, we’ll send you a unique, random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. Simply enter this code to access your account. There are two ways to set up 2-step verification. You can use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask us to send text messages to your mobile phone. Here's how to set it up: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Set Up next to “2-step verification.” Choose to receive a text or use an authenticator app, then click Next. Follow the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app. Set up a back-up method in case you can’t access your primary cell or authenticator app. Click Done to activate 2-step verification. You can deactivate 2-step verification at any time: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Update next to “2-step verification.” Click Turn Off next to 2-step verification, then the Turn It Off button. For added protection, you can also add 2-step verification to other devices. Since you can no longer access the phone number. You may want to set up new email account and create a brand new paypal account and you will link the phone number you have access to. Hope this will resolve your issue. Thank you,
Login to Me Too

Per_Camp
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @KimWigg83 ,

Thank you for your patience. Though our response time may be delayed, be assured we're here and I know how important for you to access your account, you can click the link below for further assistance.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

I hope it helps and stays safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.