Personal email vs business email - help needed for email receipts!

jrod139
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am getting ready to sell a product on my website, and plan to use Paypal. I have everything set up properly, except the only problem is that the purchase confirmation email sent from Paypal to the purchaser includes my personal email address.

I have the business name set up as the primary, and I have the business name inputed. I have two email addresses in my profile, my business one (primary) and personal one (secondary).  The business name comes through properly but it is my personal email address, not the business. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jrod139

What/Which PayPal email address are you using in the PayPal integration (checkout system or PayPal buttons) as the receiving email address? Once you find that out and change it to the business one, then the funds will be associated and shown as the PayPal address on the confirmation emails. Also make sure the business email is made the primary one in your paypal account settings.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jrod139
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the advice! I don't know how to check which email is being used in the PayPal integration as the receiving email address - how would I do that?

I'm not using Paypal buttons, just the checkout system.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.