Pds2 authorisation problem.

Shane43270
Contributor
Contributor
Username and password given now it's asking to send a code. The number is my old one. It says to login and go to profile and update number. I can't login as it then says send code again. So I'm going round in circles. I've rung PayPal but the answer machine says sorry we cant help with your query today try the help centre.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

rob_mccartney
Contributor
Contributor

When the PDS2 box pops up click on the help link. It will take you to a help page that if you scroll down you will get to a section that allows you to update your phone number. Update your number and alls good.

Login to Me Too

Shane43270
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou for reply. There is no help option. I'm on a mobile phone. Don't have computer or laptop. It just says send code to my old number. Or option for them to call. Bit again it's my old number so I'm going round and round in circles. PayPal are absolutely no use. They keep giving me the same instruction which take me to send ing a code.
Login to Me Too

suzook12
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Spoke to Paypal and they said their service team would email me with a solution. They emailed to say there is no solution! So now my ebay account as well as paypal etc is rendered useless, and has been for a week or so with no view to change this. Thanks EU, yet again!

Login to Me Too

scottishpoet
New Community Member

anyone managed to resolve this as i now have the same problem. i can change the number in settings, but to get past the login screen an get to settings i need to get a test or a call to the old number

Login to Me Too

ReallyFedUP2
New Community Member

Are they really unable to fix this? That's disgraceful! 

Login to Me Too

puddsnpudds
Contributor
Contributor

Theres a way around this (and should be as you can see this has happened many times). They should simply have a back up verification system using a second phone number or secret Q's & A's. Its not rocket science but it seem to be well beyond the intelligence levels of PayPal. Bunch of <removed>! I'll be taking my cash out of there as soon as I can.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.