Paypal wont let me change my name and 17 year old account is now locked

Sazgo
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for some advice, i've had the same account since 2003 and have been using the same bank details this whole time. Yet this year i decided to have a clear out and reached the 2500 euro limit on ebay. Now paypal requires me to prove my ID. The problem is that the account was created with a nickname (family middle name) as firstname so is missing my first name (but shares the same surname with my photo ID/address proof).

I have tried 3 times to get the name changed sending various forms of id proving the address and photo id proving my name (albeit different first name) but get decline responses each time, offering no help. I now have a locked account with ebay buys and sells awaiting payment.

I asked a 'help agent' again yesterday and was just told to send ID again (4th time lol) awaiting the next decline response now. What options do i have left? is it possible to create a new PayPal account using the name bank details etc. but with a different name.. if so then why wont they change it on this one. Also does this mean my money is forever trapped on this account. I'm extremely frustrated because both my ebay and PayPal account are 17 years old and no details have ever needed to be changed, all money has gone through the same bank account with cards being updated as they expire yet they ignore this fact.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.