Paypal thinks I am in Latvia, can I change this?

agnija
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using paypal for years, constantly adding new cards and addresses! Yes, I probably opened this account when I lived in Latvia 6 years ago! But I moved to the UK, and NEVER had a problem adding cards and stuff. But I just got a new card (in the UK) and as I wanted to update my into, no matter where I click to add any type of address it will only let me enter LV postcodes! And there is no option to tell them I want to enter an address from another country!

Even as I'm posting this Paypal said that I am in Latvia..why am I experiencing this only now? Why is it country locked just now?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@agnija

it sounds like your going to have to prove your (ADDRESS) like a physical (PAPER) like a Utility Bill & show proof of (IDENTIFICATION) not everything is updating your information through the website. 

I'm from United States & If I moved to the UK? I better prove that I LIVE there so use common sense 😂 you need to contact an agent by Phone & ask them what to do. & have your paper work ready including your License/ID if you have one.

They most likely don't know if you are (NOT) the person you say you are.😒

Login to Me Too

agnija
Contributor
Contributor

My friend, thank you for the condescending answer, but I must have not been clear enough.

1. I moved to the UK 6 years ago

2. during these 6 years, I have extensively used paypal. I have multiple UK cards and addresses already on here.

3. Up until today, I have never had an issue updating my cards, address or billing address, I had no problems typing in a UK postcode.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@agnija

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

You are lucky in that you have had no problems up to now, I'm amazed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

agnija
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I received an answer from paypal where it said the same thing, apparently it has always been this way. I don't think even paypal is sure how I've managed to use my cards. They say it is possible to use them on a temporary basis until the card expires, but I feel like it might have been a glitch then. It seems my only option is to make a new account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.