Paypal out of business ? Trying to resolve a problem for months now and have no access to my funds

lakesidevilla
Contributor
Contributor

I hope someone can help.  I moved from Singapore to Hong Kong some time ago. Ever since, I tried to change my address and phone details, but no luck. Meanwhile the account is blocked, asking me to verify my acccount. But, when I go through all the steps it tells me "thank you, you will hear from ous in 2-3 working days".  No options to upload any documents are otherwise. But this is now for 2-3 months, not days..  Phone, emails, emails via their website, etc etc. Nothing gets answerred. As said, for months now.  What to do to release my funds from the account ?  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

makiig
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi Goodday @lakesidevilla I am hoping all is well. We do appreciate your time and effort and time contacting us. Here's one way to contact us immediately to help you verify and navigate and I would also include a link that would be helpful.Kindly click on the link below.You may chat with us by logging in to your Paypal account and go to Message center. You would see an option to chat with a representative. Or you may contact us through social media. Facebook (US) : www.facebook.com/paypal Twitter (US) : @AskPaypal https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/am-i-being-asked-to-complete-a-security-check-so-i-can-v...
Login to Me Too

lakesidevilla
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Makiig

Thanks for your response, at least some one is replying.  But, the link you give me is bringing me to the same dead end as I have been exxperiencing. How disappointing !  When sending emails via your link, I don't get a reply, not in 2-3 days, not in 2-3 weeks.  I'm seriously believing the PayPal Singapore shut down and I'm left in the cold here.  What is the problem sending me a life person contact details, either email or direct phone number, so this can actually be resolved ?  Again, appreciate your reply, but it all seems to be standard replies I'm receiving not bringing me any step further in the process !

Willem

Login to Me Too

lakesidevilla
Contributor
Contributor

Still no further reply to my question and request for help.  My money is gone?  Should I start legal procedings in Singapore to get something going. Any advise is appreciated ! 

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @lakesidevilla

I hope you're doing well! 

I apologize for the delayed response.

If you moved to a different country, the account will be no good for you to use as PayPal account is country base. Since you moved into a new country, the account should be terminated and you will need to reopen a new one using the PayPal process in the country where you moved. The reason behind this is, terms, condition, user agreement and some process varies per country. If you have funds on this account, you will still get your Money because that is lawfully yours. You mentioned that you submitted documents few months ago and still not resolve and you're not able to withdraw your Money. In that sitiation, more or less, they might not honored the documents. The best way to resolve all of this is through Customer Service only which is really hard to do right now due to this limited support. I wish I can turn thing around to make it better for you! We have limited customer service on the phone during this time and most are engaged through chat support. We're almost done realigning our Customer Service and we should all be back on the phone in the following days. For the meantime please try to reach our available customer support.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages.
Use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in.
Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
You may contact Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. 
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

I hope this helps! Stay safe! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

lakesidevilla
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Warren

I waited for a few weeks to see if any progress as per your latest email  I hate to say it, but when calling PayPal in Singapore, they simply say they are closed and refer to the website. As previously explained, I'm not getting any further on the website. I still have quite a lot of money on that account and cannot not just abandon it as your company feels there is sufficient argument to close down for months due to the Corona Virus. I havee meanwhile relocated to Hong Kong and frankly speaking, none of the banks or credit card organizations in Singapore were a problem to call and cancel the cards etc.

While I was thinking of transferring my funds from PP Singapore to PP Hong Kong, you will appreciate I have now changed my mind and will cancel my accounts after the funds are moved to my Singapore bank account. That is, if ever I get to speak so some one.

I keep on repeating my question to be able to have a phone call with some one at PayPal to do what is required. My email address is known to you, maybe I can get a private email back, rather than a web-based communication.  I'm afraid that if we can not resolve this soon, I will need to take some legal steps in Singapore and possibly PP USA to make some progress.  I hope that won't be required though.  Let me know.

Best regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.