Paypal mobile app showing white blank screen

touseefqamar
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using paypal mobile app from one year. From last 3 months I'm not able to login using my paypal mobile app. The browser version works fine but whenever I try to login via app it shows me white blank screen after 2 step verification. The white blank screen stays and nothing happens.

I even changed my cell phone and delete and installed a new app but the problem remains same. Paypal support also doesn't have any clue how to solve this issue.

Any help will be really appreciated.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

touseefqamar
Contributor
Contributor

So I just changed my PayPal password and the issues seems fixed. I don't know why but PayPal support don't even know how too solve this issue. So if anyone is facing this issue then try changing your password and hopefully it will work. I know it sounds silly but it worked for me.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Sabixas
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help here? Many people seem to suffer the same issue in multiple threads and no valuable insight is given. The app just takes space in our mobiles, as it's completely unusable.

Login to Me Too
Solved

touseefqamar
Contributor
Contributor

So I just changed my PayPal password and the issues seems fixed. I don't know why but PayPal support don't even know how too solve this issue. So if anyone is facing this issue then try changing your password and hopefully it will work. I know it sounds silly but it worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Sabixas
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, but that didn't work for me. I get exactly the same issue. Blank screen after entering the authentication code and can only return to the initial login screen.

Login to Me Too

taps68
Contributor
Contributor
Did you find a fix as mine has done this tonight. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Sabixas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had completely forgotten about this, so I re-tested and it now seems to be working for me. I haven't changed anything else and did not attempt again since last time. So, perhaps, following the earlier proposed solution, all it takes is a bit of time to get it working.

Not ideal, but fingers crossed.

Login to Me Too

Asszface
It seems to be a 2-fold issue. 1. You will probably have 2-factor authentication enabled (having to enter a code from a text message or authenticator app). 2. Due to signing in on a new device, PayPal will want you to change your password and set a pin. There is a bug that prevents you from doing both at the same time. First, you need to disable 2FA on the website. Then you can login on the app, change password if it asks you to, and set a PIN for the app. Then, if you want, you can re-enable 2FA. You will then be able to log in to the app using a PIN or fingerprint. So, the ultimate problem is the 2 factor authentication preventing you from properly logging in.
Login to Me Too

Stinkyweaseltea
New Community Member

That (turning off 2 step verification) worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.