cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal log in issue

Highlighted
Contributor

Paypal log in issue

So I used to work abroad and created my paypal account using my phone number from that particular country. I moved back here on the US and completely forgot my password. I wanted cancel a fraudulent transaction but I can't log in. I tried re setting my password and it's sending a code to a phone number I no longer use. I tried contacting paypal but customer service is not available due to covid. Was given an option to chat with them but I am required to log in when that is exactly my problem! How am I supposed to stop scammers from getting my money Paypal????
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Paypal log in issue

I have essentially the same issue. I can't login and can't reset my password because the phone number on my account is not my phone number. It may have been a number I had temporarily 6 or 7 years ago, but I don't even recognize the number PayPal wants to send reset confirmation to.

I need a way to contact support or to reset my password using just my e-mail and not a phone number that I don't have.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Paypal log in issue

What I did is I created a new paypal account using a different email address just so I can give myself a fighting chance to even chat with them. After creating a new account, I started communicating with them through chat, which they usually reply to, maybe around every 10-12 hrs. Long wait but at least someone's replying to me. Try doing that and explain what's going on.