Paypal log in issue

ann_lira
Contributor
Contributor
So I used to work abroad and created my paypal account using my phone number from that particular country. I moved back here on the US and completely forgot my password. I wanted cancel a fraudulent transaction but I can't log in. I tried re setting my password and it's sending a code to a phone number I no longer use. I tried contacting paypal but customer service is not available due to covid. Was given an option to chat with them but I am required to log in when that is exactly my problem! How am I supposed to stop scammers from getting my money Paypal????
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

blahblahblargle
Contributor
Contributor

I have essentially the same issue. I can't login and can't reset my password because the phone number on my account is not my phone number. It may have been a number I had temporarily 6 or 7 years ago, but I don't even recognize the number PayPal wants to send reset confirmation to.

I need a way to contact support or to reset my password using just my e-mail and not a phone number that I don't have.

Login to Me Too

ann_lira
Contributor
Contributor
What I did is I created a new paypal account using a different email address just so I can give myself a fighting chance to even chat with them. After creating a new account, I started communicating with them through chat, which they usually reply to, maybe around every 10-12 hrs. Long wait but at least someone's replying to me. Try doing that and explain what's going on.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.