Paypal letter about dormant accounts - turns out a false Paypal account has been set up in my name

Neil0968
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I hope someone can help as I'm getting no where with Paypal customer service. I got a letter through the post saying I had a dormant account that they will close down etc unless I log in. They provided part of the email address that this account is registered to and it's not mine. The name and address on the latter are. All Paypal keep telling me is not  to worry as I won't be charged £9 if there is no money in the account. I couldn't care less about that as I keep explaining that it isn't my account so therefore won't be my money. My concern is that someone was able to set up an account with my name and address in the first place and what that account ahs been used for. I have asked numerous times for this matter to be referred to their fraud department so that the account can be blocked and ultimately deleted. All I get back is don't worry you won't be charged. It takes them 24 hours to respond to a message. I tried phoning and that's even worse.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you manage to get it resolved please? If anyone from Paypal reads these messages, can you please help me in a sensible way?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.