Paypal keeps asking to save my password.

Briangsk
Contributor
Contributor

When I sign in to paypal through ebay it keeps asking to save my password. I do not want to save it. It only gives me the option to save it, or maybe later. I keep hitting maybe later. So it keeps asking every time I sign in. I do not want to accidentally hit yes and be stuck with everyone using my computer to have access to my paypal account. Is there a way to have it not ask anymore???

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Georgedepinedo
Contributor
Contributor

Plus options have changed and on Settings/ Security i no longer see the Click Log out of all devices. option.

Login to Me Too

Mreba6
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently my eBay account was comprised for some time. I accidentally enabled one touch on an eBay purchase and within an hour an iPad was purchased using my account from a seller in China. I was able to cancel the purchase and was refunded all costs but I am very frustrated that I cannot disable the prompt to enable one click on each eBay transaction I make. I’ve been a PayPal user since the early 2000s and have also had a merchant account with PayPal for a former company I owned. I am strongly considering cancellation.
Login to Me Too

HexFeeder
Contributor
Contributor

I want a "No never!" button as well, as does any rational person who values their financial security.

Paypal shouldn't be pushing insecure practices as a default setting.

If my young son gets on my PC with my PayPal details saved and buys a $10,000 plastic toy they would describe it  "friendly fraud" and you're clean out of luck. Just hope it was through eBay and they can reverse it. (yes this just happened recently)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6875991/Son-7-bought-10-000-Coles-Stickeez-toy-mum-said-aff...

This is a serious matter and seems to be being ignored by PayPal, when it should never have been there in the first place.

Login to Me Too

Geekyoyd
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I want a "No Never" button on the Onetouch nag screen too. Especially on my mobile. Being permanently logged in is unsafe and unnecessary with fingerprint login available. We are not a bunch of mindless impulse buying consumers out here PayPal!
Login to Me Too

StevePeter

I find it pretty rude that there is no option to say 'never'. The option is available when Chrome handles the passwords, so why has PayPal/eBay taken that option away? Presumably so that it's easier to impulse buy stuff you don't really need.

Please just add a 'never' button and stop being **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Parintachin
New Community Member

I just created a forum account to chime in on this. It's rude and it's annoying and it's **bleep** me off. 
Stop nagging ppl to use one-click. Either implement a 'never ask me again', or a take three 'no's to mean never. 

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

HexFeeder
Contributor
Contributor

Well now after years of me saying not to trust the device every time I use the service Paypal has started trusting devices automatically and then sending me a notification in email.

Unbelievable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.