Paypal keeps asking me to confirm my identity.

Jay_nguyen
Contributor
Contributor

My identity was confirmed long ago and my account was working normally last month.

Today I received a payment, so I login to my account to withdraw money to my bank account.

But I see an alert asking me to confirm identity. I click the link, it says my identity was confirmed, my account is back to normal.

But in my Wallet page, the alert is still there asking me to confirm identity. I am unable to withdraw money to bank account.

Please help me with what suddenly went wrong with my account. Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DeliciousDev
Contributor
Contributor

It has been 72 hours since this ''technical fault'' has been going on.

Lodge a complaint with the AFCA. 

PayPal is unwilling to resolve or even address the problem and are holding our funds hostage. They would be making millions in interest from refusing to allow legitimate transactions to take place and investing the money in overnight money markets.

Despicable.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

DeliciousDev
Contributor
Contributor

It has been 72 hours since this ''technical fault'' has been going on.

Lodge a complaint with the AFCA. 

PayPal is unwilling to resolve or even address the problem and are holding our funds hostage. They would be making millions in interest from refusing to allow legitimate transactions to take place and investing the money in overnight money markets.

Despicable.

Login to Me Too

Jay_nguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Ye that’s absolutely right.

The chat feature is totally fc*k’d, the resolution center is even worse, and their staff hang the calls for hours.

The only reason I use Paypal is to buy on eBay, other than that I use Alipay instead.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

What is the AFCA?

Login to Me Too

DeliciousDev
Contributor
Contributor

Australian Financial Complaints Authority 

If you are in another country just search for your relevant Financial Ombudsman.

All the best to you.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Even this forum is hard to understand. I'm not tech savvy. If they don't get this problem solved by Monday I'm going to prepare to take action.

You can't even speak to anyone, their help line is crap and everything else is too. It's like nothing is meant to work.

Login to Me Too

DeliciousDev
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, they just don't care.

Due to a phone issue I can't access my mobile banking so had to use PayPal for an order and what a surprise, if they are receiving a fee for it, their service works!

Absolutely dodgy, I am going to avoid using them at all costs when I can and provide refunds and/or discounts to customers paying via non-PayPal methods.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeliciousDev 

@Jay_nguyen 

Techie glitch mainly in Australia it seems, BUT others have found that they can withdraw if they do so via the app

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DeliciousDev
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately yesterday the app wouldn't let me sign in. Is working today... yay I guess?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.