Paypal is the worst site for customer support.

ATurtle84
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there, I am here to tell a story. Now I want to get across that I acknowledge my mistakes that I will mention soon. But I also want to say that Paypal is the worst service ever. Even Microsoft support has better customer support by miles. Now let me begin.

In 2019 I signed up for Paypal, stupidly, as I was 14 at the time. Early 2019 mind you. Yes I know about the 18 year old limit but I was the guy that thought he could get away with **bleep** like that. So anyways I have my mother transfer MY hard earned money of $20 dollars. I go to check it and bam. Limited for suspicious activity. Now the reason I started using Paypal is because I didnt have a bank account at the time, so I contacted customer support. 

**bleep** that dude so much. Never before have I seen someone so rude and unwilling to help. I'll sum it up for you. "Blah blah blah im not 18 blah blah. Any options for me to transfer the money back etc?"

"no wait until your 18." and then HE disconnects me. Like are you **bleep**ing serious? I wish I remembered his name. Anyways we tried emailing and all we got was bot replies. Stupid. So I just gave up on the money and didnt touch Paypal again. Until last week. I remembered about it and I tried accessing it again, and looking around forums and discussions for people with similair issues. Now I had a bank acc, birth certificate etc. And was looking into options to remove the limitation. I decided to contact support again (Now at the time of this happening they had less staff due to COVID-19, but its still no excuse for what happens) and I was met with a bot. I was a bit confused but I eventually got connected to an agent name Geramie. This person was nice enough to contact the compliance team and be able to let me withdraw my money, but also pretty much disabling my account which is what I wanted her to do. Anyways I asked some questions as "will I receive an email, when yada yada" and it seemed like it was all going to turn out well. So I waited a day for the email and this is what I got:

Capture.PNG

So I thought oh ok seems fair enough, I'll go and try option 2 as since im not a seller so I cant do option 1. Nope. I got directly lied to. I cant withdraw because I cant link a bank account and I cant and never could link a bank account because I was limited. Respond to paypal via email? Nope. Doesnt work. And apparently I am now not able to use paypal for anything, even contacting support because im underage. Now that creates an issue, because even if I wanted to re use my account when im 18, I cant as I have no way of contacting them. So basically im **bleep**ed. **bleep** you paypal, if you wouldnt mind helping me out on this one I might consider re using it again in the future. Its your redeeming chance. Also I would like to say not even banks go this far you **bleep**ing idiots. Waste of my time.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ATurtle84 

You would never be able to use an illegally opened underage account.

However once you were 18 you could ask customer services and normally they allow you to open a new account now you are of age.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ATurtle84 

You would never be able to use an illegally opened underage account.

However once you were 18 you could ask customer services and normally they allow you to open a new account now you are of age.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
So how were you able to get in contact with someone over the phone I can’t get my money either
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.