Paypal is holding my account hostage

JustinFuriated
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am so frustrated I don't know what to do. For two weeks, I have been trying to change the name on my Paypal account so that it would match the name on my bank account, and therefore I could withdraw funds. 

This should only be a technicality; I want to use my full name instead of just my first and surname.

I have done done as instructed; I have uploaded a photo of my passport and a bank document showing my name as it stands on my bank account.

TO NOW, MY NAME HAS STILL NOT BEEN CHANGED ON MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

i HAVE SENT FIVE EMAILS. AND PAYPAL HAS DONE NOTHING.

I am so sick of this, I feel like this company is holding my money and my account, and therefore my life hostage. 

There is nothing I can do? I should just be ignored by this company and be helpless to collect the money that belongs to me?

Don't tell me to send another email. And don't say i should phone the call center and pay a dollar a minute. THIS IS NOT AIR

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JustinFuriated

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JustinFuriated
Contributor
Contributor
I just tried Facebook. It took me on an automated journey back to the message center. Chat is unavailable at this time. Every time I send a message and am ignored, it makes me more and more sick. At this point, I just want my money and to close my account. But I don't get an answer, I don't get résolution, I just get more and more sickened.
Login to Me Too

JustinFuriated
Contributor
Contributor

All i get is automated responses sending me straight back to the message pages where i only get more automated responses. I have been going around in circles and I cannot get online with a human!!

How can a company of this size not have agents prepared to resolve issues in real time??

I don't know how to get any satisfaction! 

I just want my name change to go through like they said it did (but it did not) and I want my money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JustinFuriated

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.