Paypal is a scummy, scummy site and you should run.

theundeaded

Is there any way to get my personal information off of this site, its super scummy in relation to its customer service and money handling issues. I made an account before i was 18 so it makes sense that my account got barred, but now I'm 18 and can't do **bleep** on the site, I can't even take my cards off of the site so that there is nothing linked to my account. They are holding my personal information hostage and I would like to be able to do with my cards as I please. As it stands, all i can do is cancel the cards and get reissued. Even if I wanted to use Paypal services for something, I can't use these cards to create a new account. I just tried to add a card and see if it would allow me to use the card to pay for a subscription, but it locked that card up on the site too and now its forever linked to the site. I can't delete my account or information in any way, shape, or form. Paypal, you truly are malicious and if the site i wanted to use accepted any other source other than credit card, then I wouldn't even be reminded of what you were. If you're a community member reading this. Run. Please, before you get scammed too. I hear Venmo is nice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@theundeaded 

Sorry, but financial information cannot be removed on limited accounts to prevent you from opening another account. There is other reasons for this action in general, not just trying to keep minors off the site. Did you open another account by contacting customer service? Or, did you just signed up again online? Because new accounts can be cross referenced to limited accounts and also limited as well. Its always best to contact PayPal to open a new account if you opened one while under 18 and banned. 

You'll need to contact customer service to resolve this. They'll probably have you verify your identity:

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

I know its frustrating but take a deep breath and be friendly and PayPal will help. You can even hang up and call again if a rep isn't able to help. Persevere.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@theundeaded 

Sorry, but financial information cannot be removed on limited accounts to prevent you from opening another account. There is other reasons for this action in general, not just trying to keep minors off the site. Did you open another account by contacting customer service? Or, did you just signed up again online? Because new accounts can be cross referenced to limited accounts and also limited as well. Its always best to contact PayPal to open a new account if you opened one while under 18 and banned. 

You'll need to contact customer service to resolve this. They'll probably have you verify your identity:

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

I know its frustrating but take a deep breath and be friendly and PayPal will help. You can even hang up and call again if a rep isn't able to help. Persevere.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

theundeaded

Thanks for the genuine advice. Paypals horrid to the fact that just to close an account I have to call, which means it'll probably be a struggle just to get my account taken down. Thanks again kind internet stranger, and Godspeed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.