Paypal email confirmation to my email

Richard1946
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I should be receiving an email confirmation when I order an item through a merchant using the Paypal link to buy the item.

The two responses from the Community I see agree that I should, but Paypal's Staff seem to be oblivious to my query.

I do get updates, etc., emailed to my primary email address, but recently I have not seem confirmations from places like Lowes, Walmart and others.

I can go to my Paypal account and see the individual transactions from those merchants (and others) along with a friend sending me money, yet there are no emails from Paypal to my primary email to verify same.

I've called Paypal 4 or 5 times with no follow up or success. They keep saying they'll call back but never do...

Anyone have an idea what's wrong? As noted, certain emails from Paypal do make it into my primary email account like ads and "legal agreements", but no confirmations of my purchases. I have to sign into my Paypal account to view them.

Any suggestions or advice?   Thanks,,Richard

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richard1946 

Check Account Settings (gear icon) > Notifications to see if you have the notifications you want enabled. Otherwise, its some technical glitch. Contact Tech Support.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Richard1946
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply.

Had already done what you suggested a while back. By my 3rd or 4th call with Paypal agents over the past month, (all of whom said I'd be called back) I'm a bit weary.

I even brought Yahoo into the fray, forwarded their Tech folks link to Paypal so they (Yahoo) could intervene. No response from Paypal to date.

The sad part is that a Paypal rep said at one point, " I'll send you an email".   I warned her that it would not show up. I was right, being on my phone when they sent it.  Once  again they "forwarded" my concerns to the Tech crew.  No response their either....

I may have to shut down my Paypal account and start over.

Again..Thanks for your suggestions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.