Paypal android app in wrong language

kaneelschep
Contributor
Contributor

I am Dutch and moved to Hungary. I had to create a new paypal account since i could not verify my hungarian bank account because it would show the amounts transferred for verification in Hungarian forints. And the verification asked for euros.

Also I could not change my adress to anything outside of Holland.

So I made a new account with Hungarian adress and bank.

great.

But now the paypal app is in Hungarian making it useless to me. The website settings version is set to English. My phone is in Dutch.

How can I change the language in the app?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kaneelschep
Contributor
Contributor

Good to see 11 other people have the same issue, but noone cares in almost 1 year.. And my paypal app still in the wrong language..

Login to Me Too

inmasm
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. 

I am Spanish and I worked in Germany for a couple of years but my German is very limited. My account online was in English but the app was in German.

Now I am back to Spain:

I have changed the account online with my new Spanish address

I have uninstalled and installed again the app in Spanish (several times)

My account online is still in English (It only gives me the choice between English or German. I can understand English so I don't mind) 

but...

My app is still in German!

Login to Me Too

inmasm
Contributor
Contributor

I also have tried to add my Spanish phone to the account and see if they detect that I am living here. But the verification code that in theory has to be sent to my phone is not arriving. And I have tried with spanish prefix +34 or 0034 and nothing arrived. Plus, I cant remove my old German bank account from my settings even if I have linked a Spanish card. 

Login to Me Too

Jasper_b
New Community Member
Same issue spanish paypal account set to English as preferred language, app shows in Spanish. Paypal doesn't seem to care
Login to Me Too

Sexinxs
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here: Android Phone language Italian, PayPal account language English... Android App.... Dutch!

Ambrogio

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.