Paypal account is Korean - need to transfer funds to US Bank (trivial yet impossible problem)

taimishu
New Community Member

Before anyone replies, please read carefully because I believe I have gone through every possible solution to this issue. The problem is incredibly trivial, yet Paypal seems to have an amazing combination of the worst IT department along with the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service I have ever witnessed in any large company.

Problem: Paypal account was created in Korea, and I am in the US. After adding my routing and account number, I need to verify via phone number, which has a Korean area code with my US phone number, thus sending messages to a nonexisting phone number. Clicking "verify a different way" does nothing, of course. Thanks Paypal! I have tried to add a Korean number I have access to (see below) but any other primary number does not show up on the verification screen, only the old one. All I need is the money out from this account, one time. 

Solutions I HAVE TRIED but failed: 

-contact customer service through messaging for two weeks (nobody that has responded has yet to even come close to having the two brain cells to figure my problem out. Yes, the trivial problem above)

-contact via phone (cannot ever reach a human being because noone works at Paypal) If someone is able to reach a human being, please let me know.

-deleting primary phone number and adding my dad's Korean cell phone as primary to bypass verification system (doesn't work because "there is a problem fulfilling your request" when deleting my number. Surprised? You shouldn't be, it's Paypal)

Other possible solution:

-deleting my account and starting a new one - but HOW can I transfer the funds from my old account this way?..All I need is my money out of the old account and I am done with Paypal forever.

If anyone has any idea how to solve this issue, or has any moral support, please let me know. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.