Paypal Notification Bell

GeminiJ13
Contributor
Contributor

Just an FYI.  This is probably just a bug, but after I have read and dismissed my notifications from Paypal in the upper right-hand corner and then navigate to anywhere else on the main site (Activity, wallet, etc.) the notifications reappear again.  It is as if the system doesn't recognize that I have read them and dismissed them.  Maybe someone on the technical team could take a look into this and attempt a bug fix?  Thank you for listening.PayPal false notifications not being dismissed once read.PNG

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @GeminiJ13,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Please, clear cache and cookies and try with a different browser. You may contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

GeminiJ13
Contributor
Contributor

Cristina,

Please allow me to thank you for responding to my complaint.  That was nice of you.  That being said, I am severely disappointed with the proposed solution you have provided.  It is, at best, only a workaround.  Not a solution that I and others should not have to put up with.  I'm aware that you probably aren't a technical person with PayPal, and that is okay.  But, this sort of problem needs to be sent to a software engineer for a fix.  I mean, think for a second about your applied fix.  You want me to actually use another browser?  Why?  I like the browser that I use and there should be zero reasons for me to use another one; Chrome, in this case, to use PayPal.  That is the equivalent of me telling you to shop at Food Lion instead of Whole Foods or Harris Teeter.  You'd be like...the nerve of that guy!  PayPal has been around for a while now and notification problems should be a thing of the past.  If I might boldly suggest, please elevate my concern to a higher authority so that this can get the attention it needs.  I, as a simple user, could not find anything on the website to forward my problem too in regards to a specific department (say bug reports) within PayPal.  It is as if they don't want the general public sending in submissions.  And honestly, this is the first real problem that I've ever come across using PayPal, so user submitted concerns should be few and far between as the product has been rock solid for me all these years.  I will look into your suggestion of using the 'Help and Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage once again to see if I missed something before.  But still, I hope you can forward this problem to the proper place for further analysis.  Once more, I am very appreciative that you wrote back.  Have a great day.

Login to Me Too

patronicus
New Community Member

Got the very same problem 27 months later, which leads me to believe that PP don't care and aren't going to fix it! Loved your reply to the lame tech support response, btw - polite, to the point, and absolutely nailed them on the 'use another browser' cop-out. The older I get, the more I try not to give my money to companies who fail to meet my expectations regarding customer service in this manner.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.