Paypal NEVER "Trusts this Device"

decker12
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what I do, Paypal never "trusts this device" on my desktop computer. Every single time I try to use Paypal, I have to sign into it with a username and password and then use my 2FA code. Then I get an email from Paypal telling me that there's a new login "from a device we don't recognize.".

Doesn't matter if I trust my device with the checkbox or not. It's pretty annoying to have to sign into Paypal over and over and over again throughout the days.

This is a brand new desktop running Windows 10 on practically all default settings. My IP address hasn't changed, nothing has changed on my system from when I used Paypal last night to when I'm using it this morning. Doesn't matter if I use Chrome or Firefox or Edge. Paypal just simply refuses to Trust This Device. 

My previous desktop worked fine and it would prompt me maybe once a week, two times a month to use 2FA, which I can see and I agree with. But asking me every time I log in - sometimes just hours apart - with 2FA is a bit much.

What's the fix? Serious answers only, please no form letters telling me to do the things I've already done 10 times trying to fix it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TowerTom
New Community Member

Same here - recent new build with new Windows 10 but hardly any changes to settings etc, almost as was on old system. Have had to login on everything again (granted) but over and over even though ticking the box. Makes me not want to bother with Paypal anymore.

Login to Me Too

marchred
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem on both desktop and laptop PCs

This topic is over 6 months old ... surely even in these COVID related "restricted support times" we could expect a reply to this vexing issue from someone at PayPal?!?!?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.